Last update: September 4, 2021
This Private Policy:
- The way your personal information is collected and processed. “Personal Information” means any information that could identify you, such as your name, your mailing address, your email address, your location, and your IP address;
- your rights regarding your personal information;
- to whom the information is transmitted;
- If applicable, the website’s policy regarding cookies.
- We do not sell your information.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
we collect the following personal information:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Mailing Address
- Postal Code
- Email Address
- Phone number/mobile number
- Credit card number
- Social insurance number
- Date of birth/age
- Medical information
- Income/financial resources
- Family/marital status
All information we collect is collected through the collection methods described in the following section:
- FORMS AND METHODS OF COLLECTION
Your personal information is collected through the following methods:
- Website registration form
- Order form
- Survey form
We may collect your personal information for questionnaires regarding our services, payment methods, email subscription, or for our blog.
We use the collected data for the following purposes:
- Track your taxes
- Special offers
- Managing the website
The collection of personal information complies with all federal, provincial, and PIPEDA.
Your personal information is also collected through the interactivity between you and the website. This personal information is collected through the following methods:
- Filling out forms
- COOKIES AND LOG FILES
the cookie files used by the Website are the following:
- IP address
- Operating System
- Pages visited and queries
The use of such files allows us to achieve the following purposes:
- Improvement of the service4 and personalized welcome
- Personalized consumption profiles
- Taxes Tracking
- Statistical surveys
By using the Website, cookies from the following third parties may be saved on your hard disk:
- Bank transfer
The website also embeds sharing and social media networks buttons that allow you to share your activity on the Website. Cookies and log files from the social media networks may be saved on your computer when you use these features.
you have the right to object to the recording of these cookies and log files by configuring your web browser.
Once you have deactivated cookies and log file, you may continue your use of the Website.
However, any malfunction resulting from deactivation may not be considered of our making.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMAITON
The personal information collected by the Website is transmitted to a third party in preparation of your taxes. We use tax software, to complete your taxes.
- STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable security measures, for the entirety of the personal information collected for the following duration:
- For the duration you are a client of The Tax Taxi.
- We retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. If the collection and use of personal information objectives are achieved we will discard such information without delay.
- HOSTING INFORMATION
Our website is hosted by GoDaddy, located at the following address:
- 6201 15th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11219, United States
The host may be contacted at the following phone number: 480 505 8877.
Personal information we collect and process is exclusively hosted in Canada.
- RIGHT OF ACCESS, OF RECTIFICATION AND OF REMOVAL
You have the right to consult, update, modify or request the removal of information about you
If you have a personal account, you may request its removal by following the procedure described hereinafter:
Personal information we collect is stored in a secure environment. People working for us are obligated to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
We are committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations that allow us to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. Nevertheless, no mechanism can ensure a complete security and transmitting personal information on the Internet always entail a part of risk.
- APPLICABLE LAW
we are committed to respect the legislative provisions as specified in:
- Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c5; and/or
- Act Respecting the Protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector, CQLR cP-30.1.